Our Motorsport 101 course is for Chix who are starting out on their motorsport journey, who haven’t participated in any track days or have only participated in one or two track days.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of participating in motorsport from a theory and practical perspective. Motorsport 101 takes place on a wet skid pan where they will learn the capability and limits of their car and will learn advanced driving techniques for whilst they’re on track. Race Chix Race School courses are designed for Chix to bring their own car to the track, however cars are available for hire (car hire is not available in all states).
Upon completion of Motorsport 101 Chix will be able to enter a track day with confidence and event readiness.
- Chix will be able to enter track days with confidence and event readiness.
- Connection with fellow Race Chix
For 16 years & over
(If under 16 and driver has their Motorsport Australia or AASA licence, please contact us )
Due to track hire price variations, course prices will vary between states. Course prices will be advertised when registration’s for each state open.
- Levels and pathways of circuit events/racing
- Motorsport jargon
- Apparel requirements
- Car preparation and maintenance
- Fluids & oils
- Required track bag/kit items
Practical – carried out on a wet skidpan
- Braking techniques
- Straight line braking
- Threshold braking
- Throttle control
- Gear selection
- Car control – with and without electronic aids
- Throttle steer
- We will end the course with a slalom shootout putting together everything you’ve learnt on braking, cornering and car control
Race Chix Race School is proudly supported by