Motorsport 102 Course
Our Motorsport 102 course is for Chix who have been participating in track days and who would like to start competing in Speed events such as Supersprints and Regularity. This course is also good for Chix who are transitioning from competing in karts to cars.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of competitive circuit racing events such as Supersprints (not door-to-door racing) and Regularity events from a theory and practical perspective.
Race Chix Race School courses are designed for Chix to bring their own car to the track.
Upon completion of Motorsport 102 Chix will be able to enter competitive entry level events with confidence and event readiness.
- Chix are able to enter competitive grassroots events with confidence and event readiness.
- Connection with fellow Race Chix
1 day – includes theory & practical
16 & over
Due to track hire price variations, course prices will vary between states. Course prices will be advertised when registration’s for each state open.
To get the most out of the Motorsport 102 Course, and most value for money, it is recommended that participants have done a few track days or have other motorsport experience prior to completing the course.
- Types and levels of competitive events
- Sanctioning bodies
- Event entry process
- Flags and officiating
- Car preparation and maintenance
- Suspension and wheel alignments
- Fluids & oils
- Apparel requirements
- Roll cages
- What happens on race day
- Apps and data
- Track bag/kit items
- Track walk
- Racing lines
- Track camber
- Grouping corners
- Corner approach
- Corner exits
- Gear change points
- Warming up tyres
- Braking techniques
- Brake markers
- Mechanical sympathy
- Seat position
- Hand postions
(yes you’ll be buggered by the end of the day)
Participants need to bring/supply
- Roadworthy car (doesn’t need to be road registered)
- Helmet (that meets Australian standards). A motorbike helmet is suitable.
- Neck to wrist to ankle non-flammable clothing. You don’t need a race suit, jeans and a cotton shirt/top is suitable.
- Fully enclosed shoes and socks (not sockettes)
Race Chix Race School is proudly supported by