Qld Race Chix Race School Motorsport 101 Course
April 30 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST$450.00
Our Motorsport 101 course is for Chix who would love to start their motorsport journey and hit the track!
You will learn the fundamentals of participating in motorsport from both theory and practical perspectives. The course begins with theory (we get the boring stuff out of the way) and then the fun begins! The practical side takes place on the wet skid pan where you will learn the capability and limits of your car, whilst learning advanced driving techniques for when you head out on the track.
All you need to get started is you – you don’t even need a helmet! Our Motorsport 101 course at Norwell Motorplex includes the use of Norwell’s fleet of Toyota 86s.
Upon completion of Motorsport 101, you will be able to participate in track days with confidence and event readiness.
Ages – for 14 years and over.
Course details – theory
- Levels and pathways of circuit events/racing
- Motorsport jargon
- Apparel requirements
- Car preparation and maintenance – tyres, brakes, fluids & oils.
- Required track bag/kit items
Course details – practical (carried out on wet skidpan)
- Braking techniques
- Cornering – including vision, throttle control and gear selection
- Car control – with and without electronic aids
- Oversteer, understeer and throttle steer
- Fun! We will end the course with a slalom shootout putting together everything you’ve learnt on braking, cornering and car control
Please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you would like any further information.